Monday, March 12, 2012

Yesterday I went to the Holi Festival in Queens with two friends, and had the most amazing experience since moving to New York!  It was pretty wild to be surrounded by thousands of people and it being alright to go up to a total stranger and paint them with colors.  I was never so happy to be covered from head to toe in baby powder, dye, and colored Holi powder.  I was the least bit embarrassed when riding the subway an hour back into Manhattan and walking around covered in the array of colors.  If you'll be in New York next year this time, go to the festival!  The community is so accepting, and the kindness there is between so many strangers is beautiful.  Plus, there's a block party each year on 120th street with great Indian food! Go eat and dance around decorating each other in colors :)

My roll of images:


Emily's roll of images:




The accidental last picture...



And here's some pictures from the iPhone:



1 comment:

  1. These are cute, and I'm jealous I don't get to go to things like this. Also, this is me telling you I made a blogspot.

    ReplyDelete